Objectives of the course
Conflicts – both small and large are part of our everyday lives. Conflict happens in situations in which people disagree or find themselves in opposition to another’s point of view. Given that we spend a good amount of time at work, conflict is also an inevitable part of work solutions.
Positive or negative feelings about conflict are behind the scenes any time conflict comes up, and they impact how we resolve issues. Part of conflict resolution involves understanding the common reasons people get into conflict with each other.
Unresolved conflict can lead to loss in productivity and motivation, and increased frustration. This course will teach you how to CATCH interpersonal conflict early and manage it before it gets out of hand.
- Learn to recognize conflict
- Quickly visualize the results of unresolved conflict
- Understand how to CATCH conflict
- Learn how and when to use the CATCH model to resolve conflict
- Define conflict and identify sources of conflict
- Understand the results of unresolved conflict
- Resolve conflict: CATCH It!
- Use the CATCH mode
- Skills practice
- A quiz – test yourself!
Who should take this course?
This course is for anyone who will eventually experience some kind of conflict in a personal or professional situation and will need to negotiate a resolution.