Objectives of the course
“Negotiation in the classic diplomatic sense assumes parties more anxious to agree than to disagree” – American Statesman Dean Acheson.
Negotiation is a form of discussion aimed at reaching an agreement, helping to avoid conflict. It is important to know how to negotiate because we do it all the time in our daily lives, whether we realize it or not. Recognizing that negotiation happens all the time can help take the nerves away.
This course covers the basics of negotiation skills. These are skills that you will develop over time and with practice.
- Understand the power of negotiating for agreement, not conflict
- Use the PEACE model to approach negotiation
- Avoid negotiation mistakes
- Trying to win
- Understand the Power of Negotiating for Agreement, Not Conflict
- Use the PEACE Model to Approach Negotiation
- Avoid Personal Negotiation Mistakes
- Skills Practice
Who should take this course?
Everyone negotiates, everyday. This course will help you feel confident about how to approach negotiations in your personal and professional life.